Wednesday, April 4, 2012

X-Men

                This past weekend was a four day weekend, a.k.a. time for Bailey to do whatever the heck she wants without worrying about school. So, naturally, I had a movie marathon. I love Harry Potter (the books and the movies), I love Disney movies, but I always have those kinds of marathons. As I was sitting in my first few minutes of free time on Thursday, I thought to myself, what is it that I want to watch? Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, BOOM! X-MEN! I saw the newest movie, X-Men: First Class, this summer and I had seen the end of the third movie, X-Men: Last Stand, but not all five of the movies. Sure enough, I went out and rented all five of the movies and started my marathon.

                I wanted to watch the movies in the order in which they take place. So, I started with my personal favorite, X-Men: First Class. This is the newest of the movie and was very good. It goes in detail how some of the main characters come together and explains why some of the relationships within the movies are the way that they are. Like the first movie I watched, X-Men Origins: Wolverine told the story of how Wolverine became Wolverine. I was very impressed with both of these movies and liked that they shared a similar feel of filling in the blanks. Although they were both great, already there were inconsistencies. In X-Men: First Class, Charles Xavier ends the movie in a wheel chair while he is still young and in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, he is up and walking around, old, and bald, at the end of the movie, which has taken place after the first movie. It would have been fine if he would have been in his wheel chair in the Wolverine movie, or if he wouldn’t have been in one at the end of X-Men: First Class. I truly dislike inconsistencies, especially when the movies are made after each other, making it easy to follow the storylines. After I was done, it was time for the start of the three original movies. The three movies were really good all had easy to follow storylines. Once again, there were inconsistencies. The major inconsistency that I noticed in the movies was how Wolverine came to be who he was. The original movies made it seem like he was just a random guy picked up and experimented on, but the X-men Origins: Wolverine showed otherwise. All in all I found these movies to be great and if you can, you should try to watch all five in their entirety.

               

No comments:

Post a Comment