Monday, May 7, 2012

What are you listening to? (part 1)


              When you get to know someone, you start to find out their interests in food, books and music. To me one of the most important aspects of my life is music. I like all kinds of music; hip-hop, soft rock, country, classical, theatrical, and singer-song writer. I love almost every kind of music except hard rock and screamo, hardcore stuff, which is pretty much yelling.

              My favorite thing to listen to is my Pandora channel entitled, “The Best Station Ever”. Why is this the best station ever? Well, my friends, because it has all of the best music on it. The “artist seeds”, which are the artists whose music you have chosen, include Frank Sinatra, Michael Bublé, Norah Jones, Jack Johnson, The Civil Wars, Regina Spektor, Straigh No Chaser, Ingird Michaelson, and The Moldy Peaches. I highly recommend all of these groups and artists! They are all very different, but when combined into a station, it adds a great variety. The following are descriptions of each group or artist.

Frank Sinatra

                Franks Sinatra is truly one of the greatest artists in history. Part of the original Rat Pack, he paved the way for the swing era. His music is just fun and easy-going. My personal favorite songs are “Fly Me to the Moon” and “It Was a Very Good Year”.  I find his music to be very easy going on the ear.

Michael Bubl

                Michael Bublé has a very similar sound to Frank Sinatra. Made famous by his version of “Feelin’ Good”, he has made a name for himself in the soft jazz genre. I find that his music is so subtle and warm that it makes for great studying music.

Norah Jones
                It is hard to explain in words what Norah Jones’ music sounds like, but I guess you could say very mellow. My personal favorite of her songs is “Come Away with me”. I first heard her singing on a soundtrack to one of the “Princess Diaries” movies. She has the ability to sing any song that she wants, but she still manages to keep her own sound. Norah Jones is a truly amazing artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment