Friday, October 21, 2011

Make It or Break It

               Accessories are not for everyone, but they definitely either make or break your outfit when put in use. In this blog I will be addressing how I accessorize and hopefully if you are finding troubles with deciding how to utilize your accessories, this will help you. The first rule in accessorizing is to make sure it matches or accentuates your outfit. If it doesn’t match, chances are it probably will not look very good and you could risk the potential of looking dumb. Another rule is to be confident in your accessories. If you don’t believe that you rock it, why should anyone else? The final rule is to have fun with your accessories. They add a little bit of umph to your outfit, create conversations, and, when utilized correctly, make you look awesome.
                Shoes! Shoes are some of my favorite accessories. I love shoes. They are great conversation starters and if they are killer, then they make your outfit. When choosing what shoes to wear with your outfit, keep in mind the following:


·         Do these match the colors in my outfit?


·         Does this pair of shoes match the style of my outfit?


·         Are these shoes comfortable for the activity I will be doing in this outfit?


After considering the above items, you are ready to choose your shoes. My current shoe obsession is my black combat boots. They are made by Lauren Conrad and are very 80’s slash 90’s grunge. They look awesome with skinny jeans and some of my casual dresses.


                As far as jewelry is concerned, you just need to make sure that it goes with your mood. I generally like to match all of my jewelry as far as color and style. I wear two rings every day just because I feel naked without them, but rings are really just a preference. I absolutely love earrings. I have recently raided my mom’s old earrings and I absolutely love them. If you haven’t gathered already, I love retro.


                Scarves are one of my weaknesses. I absolutely love them! They are great to dress up a casual outfit or to have an accessory to keep you warm. My favorite places to by scarves from are Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters (click on link to go to online stores). I just love their fun and funky styles. Hair accessories are one of my latest trends. I love flowers and big bows that go with my outfits. Most of the flower clips I have are from my local Farmer’s Market. My bows are actually bows from when I was younger.


                Accessories can make or break your outfit. When choosing them remember some of my tips, or don’t. Just remember that they are a huge reflection of what you want to show people about you. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment