Friday, October 7, 2011

Overall Look

                Everyone has their own style.  Some would say that my personal style is a bit out there.  For example, today I am sporting my overall shorts, a t-shirt, advertising my school’s fall musical, black tights, my black “school teacher” heels, as I call them, and a piece of a red feather boa in my hair. I love my high school for multiple reasons, but one reason is that we have the freedom to express ourselves through our own clothing choice. 
                The clothes that people wear say a lot about their personality. The clothes I wear reflect a very bubbly personality. My clothing inspiration comes from the late 80’s and early 90’s. I love outfits with fun colors and patterns. Accessories definitely make or break your outfit. I could write a whole blog about accessories, oh wait, I did! J

                My favorite kinds of shirts are loose and oversized.  American Eagle, Urban Outfitters, and Forever 21 are my three favorite stores to by shirts from (you can click on the stores and you will be taken to the online stores). Sweaters and big crew neck sweat-shirts are other pieces of clothing that take up space in my closet. Some people have a thing against Good-Will, but it is one of my favorite stores. I get most of my sweaters and crew neck sweat-shirts from there. I love the vintage clothes that you can find at Good-Will. 
                As far as pants are concerned, I love jeans. Skinny jeans are my personal favorite because I am short. I love the way bell bottom jeans look and the hippie-esque, 70’s look they give, but as a short person I find it hard to wear them, because they drag on the ground and get frayed. So instead of paying for jeans to get ruin, I purchase skinny jeans. My favorite stores to get jeans from are American Eagle and Hollister Co. (once again if you click on the store, it will take you to the online store). I just like the different varieties of styles of skinny jeans that these two stores offer. They aren’t overpriced and when they have sales on jeans both stores offer great deals.
                Dresses are also some of my favorite outfits to wear. I used to hate wearing dresses, but over the years I have found that with the right dress, you can feel like the prettiest girl in the world. I get most of my dresses from Target. They always have a great selection of dresses from casual to more formal. I personally like the dresses that have a defined waist and are flowing at the bottom, because they accent my body shape very well.

                That is another thing about clothing. I don’t expect anyone who reads this, if anyone, to run out and start dressing exactly like me, if you do, awesome, but you should just be comfortable. I wear what I do because it is what I am comfortable in. Everyone has a different comfort level and everyone has a different body. Whatever your style is, be comfortable. Remember, your clothes may reflect a piece of your personality, but you yourself ultimately define who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment