Friday, October 21, 2011

Who Am I?

               Character, by definition, is the set of qualities that make somebody or something distinctive, especially somebody's qualities of mind and feeling. So what are my character traits? What do I possess that sets me apart from everyone else? When I started writing this application, those were the questions I asked myself. I really got to thinking about who I am and what traits I have that would make me a National Honor Society member.

                I believe that I am a very kind, generous, and outgoing person. I love giving my time to help others and I always look for a way to do so. My favorite volunteer projects I do are the ones when I get to spend time with children. During the summer I serve lunch about two to three times a month at a church, down town, in an under privileged neighborhood. At the church there is also a Boys and Girls Club. We serve lunch to these kids as well. I just love playing with the kids and really watching them from the beginning of the summer, to the end and how they grow and develop a personality.

                Being kind and loving, goes hand in hand with being a good leader.  In the past three years at Kennedy, I have been a part of a numerous amount of leadership positions. My freshman year, I got the wonderful opportunity to be the student director of the spring musical, Sweeney Todd. I got to work side by side with an amazing leader and role model. My leadership did not stop there. My Sophomore year, I was Treasurer of the Theatre Department and student director of a speech event. My Junior year, I am the President of the Theatre Department, Secretary of the Class of 2013, and student director of Playtime Poppy. These positions have helped me grow as a person and increased my responsibility immensely. They have helped me to realize that helping and leading people is what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment