Monday, February 27, 2012

Looking Back on Luisa Continued...

            When I picture Luisa, I honestly have a strong image of myself. She is that sweet, innocent girl who everyone feels the need to take care of. She possesses the perfect amount of awkwardness that makes her unique. No one takes her seriously, especially the people who know and love her the most, but the reason is because no one understands her. Luisa is that average girl with brown hair, who looks like everyone else, but has a secret.
          The way Luisa talks is very different than everyone else. Like I said whatever comes to Luisa’s mind she just blurts out. The things she thinks of are completely crazy, but not to her. To Luisa, swimming in ice cold water is what she would like to do with her spare time. Luisa talks about how her vision is like the Rape of the Sabine Women. I wasn’t sure what this was at first, so I looked it up. The entire abduction seen is much like this Roman story.
          I wanted the audience to take away from my character was the spunkiness and ignorance. We all are young at some point in our lives and care a bit too much about our hair, or what we should be, or even what everything else is like. I want every girl in the audience to go to that time when they were awkward and could relate to Luisa. If anything I just hoped my character would bring a smile to the faces of the audience and she’d charm them with her innocence and quirkiness. I absolutely loved this role and wish that I could go back and do it over! 

No comments:

Post a Comment