Monday, February 27, 2012

What It Means to Be a Friend

          Your best friend is that one person that you would trust your life with. They are the rock you lean on when things go wrong and the string that let's you fly like a kite when things go amazingly. Your best friend is the person you shed tears with when you lose something you love and when you laugh until your sides split.

          As you go through school, you make friends from doing activities, being involved, and simply being in class together. I have a total of two friends who I have had since kindergarten that I completely trust and tell everything to. Lately a lot of things have been happening that have hindered the way I look at my friends.
          Over the years I have learned that teenagers are mean and cruel. I have also learned that the ones you decide to trust the most, seem to be the ones who let you down the hardest. Unfortunately, you can only trust yourself. It absolutely sucks when you lose a friend because you become “uncool”. The worst thing is when you know that your so-called best friend is ditching you for people who are not the best for him; people you know aren't helping him to make the best decisions. Because you care so much about your best friend, you try to stress how much you care, but it gets strewn and twisted and taken the wrong way.
          
          Sometimes I wish that I was a hermit who doesn't talk to anyone and just goes about her own business. At the same time, if I was a hermit, I wouldn't have ever met the greatest thing that has ever happened to me; I wouldn't have my two best friends in the entire world; I wouldn't be the person that I am today. Someone told me once that, “Life puts obstacles in your way so that you can overcome them. The only way to face adversity is to look it in the face and tell it who's boss. People will put you down, but the ones who care will lift you up. Find those ones.” This is probably some of the best advice I have ever received. I pass it on to you, my trusty readers. Forget the haters. Haters gonna hate, but the ones who care are the ones you should keep forever and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment