Monday, February 27, 2012

Short and Sweet- Themed Show Choirs

           This past weekend at the competition that Kennedy hosted and when I was in Davenport, for the Davenport Great River show choir competition I saw groups perform that almost made me fall asleep. One group I saw this weekend did a mix of West Coast and Midwest show choir and the show at Great River had a Wizard of Oz theme. I have respect for show choirs that do themes, but I personally prefer variety shows. I think show choirs that are themed around one musical or that try to act things out multiple times in the show should be banned. If you are going to put on a musical, go put on a musical. I like when groups have a wide variety of songs rather than the same types of songs for the whole show. The reason that some schools do this is because their interpretation of show choir is way different than the rest of the show choir world. Its good that people try new things with show choirs but don't do a themed show. No one likes them and they are extremely boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment