Friday, November 4, 2011

Book Review: "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo"

             The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was a very good book! It started out somewhat slow, but I think that it is because so much background information had to be given in order to really get into the book and being as it is based in Sweden, the names and places took a bit of getting used to. Once I got into the book though, it became really good. The storyline is simply wonderful. I was very intrigued by it when a friend recommended this book to me. I love the idea of one of the main character having a mental disorder of some sort. The fact that she is a computer genius, but when it comes to having a real conversation she has this social awkwardness was really interesting. Also she is really trying to figure out who she is, but at the same time is trying to find this complete stranger. I loved how the author made her so real. I love crime and thriller novels and this book has been added to my list of top reads. I am so glad that Stieg Larsson, the author, wrote two more books for the series. I did some research on the author after I finished reading, because I really liked the style of the writing, and found that he started a fourth book, but due to his unexpected death, he did not finish it. There is also a movie that came out in 2009. I have not seen it, but I do plan on watching it just to see how true to the book the writers and directors stay. I really liked the double plot that occurred. The life of the investigator and what he was going through in his life, as well as the story of Vanger who is trying to find his lost niece. The other thing that I really liked was the use of the pictures, how every year Vanger would receive a picture on his nieces birthday after she had disappeared and then the pictures stopped and then started up again. I have seen the trailer for the movie and they feature the pictures for a small portion and I was glad to see that that was in there. I highly reccommend this book to anyone looking for a thrilling read.

No comments:

Post a Comment