Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Traffic Lesson

                I am breaking away, for a brief moment, from my irrational fears to use my blog as an outlet to share my anger with the world. Walking is something that we all, at some point, learn how to do. Am I right or and I right? Traffic is something that, by high school, people should understand. Stay to the right. And follow the speed limit.

                The students of Kennedy High School need a lesson on traffic. When one attempts to walk through the hallways of Kennedy, they are stopped multiple times by the ignorant people standing as “road-blocks” in the middle of the hallway. I absolutely cannot stand the people that do this. First, it is inconsiderate to the people walking around you. Second, wouldn’t a light bulb go off in your head that you are becoming an inconvenience to everyone walking in the hallways, given the fact that you are being bumped into constantly? One would think.

                It should not be as difficult as it is to get from point A to point B, but it is. I have noticed that this year, it is significantly worse than my past years at Kennedy. Walking shouldn’t be as difficult as people are making it. It makes sense to walk on the right side of the hallway, because that is how one drives. This is another concept that just hasn’t clicked with a majority of the student body. It is really annoying when you are constantly dodging inconsiderate people because they don’t know or don’t care about proper hallway etiquette.

                Sometimes you have it good and you are just cruising without a care, thinking, “Oh, I might just make it, on time, to class!” Then, you are knocked back to reality because you are stuck behind two people, talking and not paying attention to anything or one person who is so consumed in their text message or music that they, too, aren’t concerned with the people around them. Slow people frustrate me. I don’t walk particularly fast; I mean I have little legs. If I am walking faster than you and my paces are smaller, wouldn’t you think that you are doing something wrong? Yes, you should.

                Now that I am done ranting and venting my anger, please take into consideration the things I have stated. I appreciate the use of this outlet and I apologize if I have offended any of you, but maybe you should take this as advice. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment