Monday, November 14, 2011

Irrational Fear Number Three: Colored Mouths

Irrational fear number three: Colored Mouths

        Imagine for a second, you are a little kid again, you just got a blue-raspberry sucker. Now, you're really going to town on this sucker and then you stick your tongue out to your mom and say, “Hey, Mommy! What color is my tongue?” Of course she tells you that your tongue turned blue and you show everyone. This may be the case for all of you readers, but not me. No siree-bob.
       I absolutely hate when my mouth turns colors, or others' mouths turn colors for that matter. I think it is utterly disgusting. Your mouth is supposed to be a shade of pink, not blue and green and purple. Ew. I can't handle it when people have different colored mouths. It literally makes me want to vomit.

      To make sure my mouth doesn't turn colors, because it is something that I have become self conscious about, I don't eat or drink certain things that I used to love. My favorite Jolly-Ranchers were the Apple, Blue-Raspberry, and Grape flavors. I no longer eat any of them because they turn your mouth green, blue, or purple. Slushies are another thing. I don't drink any kind of slushie other than red or like a soda flavored kind. If it has a distinct color to it, other than red, you can bet that I will not be drinking it. As a joke, my friend, James, got me Gushers and those Fruit Roll-Ups that have the tongue tattoos on them, two things I don't eat because they change the color of my mouth.
       It really sucks to be freaked out by something like this. My favorite flavor was blue-raspberry, but I don't consume anything blue-raspberry anymore. I have really limited myself to strawberry, cherry, and watermelon flavors. As long as my mouth is staying one color, I am totally fine with that. I would rather have a limited flavor option than a blue mouth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment