Monday, November 14, 2011

Motherly Instinct

          What would I do without my mom? That is the unanswerable question. Cheryl Steinke is one great woman. She is “a saint” in the sense that she could never do a bad thing or cause any amount of hurt to anyone. My mom, whom to others I refer to as Cheryl, and I have a relationship that is different than that of most of my friends' relationships with their moms. We are so close, I tell her everything, and I consider her my best friend. Someday I hope to be as great of a person as my mother is. She has almost single handedly raised my younger sister and I to be who we are. Though she doesn't show it to most people, she is just as goofy and weird as I am. Words cannot even begin to explain how much I love my mom.
          I wonder how you get to be like my mom, or any mom for that matter. My mom always knows when I am not feeling my best or what to say to make me laugh. It is the little things that make me appreciate her. Like the other night I was sitting at the table doing my homework and I was so consumed in my homework that I didn't even realize she had made me a cup of hot cocoa and put the little marshmallows in it, just the way I like it. As I have said, my birthday was recently, and I didn't ask for anything for my birthday. My birthday came and my mom sure enough had a present. I opened it, to find Winnie the Pooh, the movie. I absolutely love Disney and for my mom to be able to know what I would want without even asking, is amazing.
          Someday I hope that I can be an amazing mother like mine. If I turned out like my mom, I would be more than satisfied. She is so accepting and amazing. I admire her and sincerely look up to her, more than anyone in the whole world. One thing that makes her so great is her willingness to listen and then give feedback. As a performer, I am used to hearing positive feedback, but I know that if I want honest feedback, I just go to Cheryl and I know I can get it. I love my mom more than anything and I don't know what I would do with out her. Moms are amazing people. All I ask of you is that once you are done reading this, you go and tell your mom that you love her and she is amazing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment