Monday, November 14, 2011

Irrational Fear Number Five: Child Birth

Irrational fear number five: Child Birth

         “It's a girl!” or “It's a boy!”, these are the words that a mother and father hear after the delivery of their new-born baby. I am not so sure that I want to hear these words. Child birth freaks me out. There are so many things that can go wrong during delivery that could end the life of the mother and the child.

          I have definitely not ruled out adoption for myself, because I am terrified of giving birth. I know I am only 17, but still. It is a scary thought. There are so many documentary series on television about pregnancy. I mean, what if I can have kids, so I get a fertility treatment, and then end up the next “Octo-Mom”? I know that c-sections aren't really an option anymore, unless medically needed, but I wish they were. I would rather recover for a week or two and have a scar, than risk dying. I mean what good would my child's life be if they didn't have their mother with them.

         Aside to the pain that comes along with delivery, it is very messy. After birthing your beautiful new baby, you have to birth the placenta. That doesn't even sound good. They have to make sure that none of it is left inside of the mother, because it could be detrimental. Not to mention, you poop yourself when you give birth. What if it gets on the baby? “Hey, honey! Oh, you have pooh on your face. Sorry!” Not exactly a very good first impression, huh?

         I am sure that by the time I am ready to have a family, my ideas will change. For now though, I think my parents are okay with me being afraid of child birth. I am too. So, no worries, you will not be seeing my face on Teen Mom any time soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment