Monday, November 14, 2011

Late Introduction

          Hello, my name is Bailey Steinke. Super cliché opening right? As you get to know, or have gotten to know, me through these blogs, you will find, or have found, that I am super quirky. I am mature, but I am also one of the goofiest people you will ever "meet". I had to mature at a very young age, as my parents got a divorce when I was about 6 years old and was put in the position of being the mommy to my little sister whenever we were at my dad's house. As once again stereotypical as that sounds, I am not saying that my dad isn't a good person. I love my dad to the end of the earth and can't imagine where I would be without him. I like to think that my dad is the more reasonable, practical and disciplinary one of my parents, but everyone has to have one, don't we? My mom is a completely different person than my dad. My mom, whom to others I refer to as Cheryl, is my best friend and I am not afraid to say so. Someday I hope to be as great of a person as my mother is. She has almost single handedly raised my younger sister and I to be who we are. Cheryl is one of the goofiest people on the earth. She is my ultimate role model and I can't describe how much she means to me.
          I am heavily involved in theatre and vocal music. As you may have gathered, performing arts is my niche. I am not exactly sure when I figured out that performing is what I love and live for, but I am glad that I did. I never get nervous when I am on stage. When I perform I let every ounce of energy I have pour into my performance, whether it is singing or acting. I just get such a rush of adrenaline when I am on the spot, being watched intently for the next note or line to come spilling out of my mouth. Theatre is a huge part of my high school life. I have been involved in almost all of the productions in some way during the past two years and because of my dedication, I have become president of the Thespian Society. My favorite thing about theatre is working with new and modern material as well as interpreting classic pieces and adapting them to modern stage. It is really cool to put yourself in your characters shoes and connect the dots of their journey throughout the production and end up creating your own character. At the end of a show you find yourself missing the character, almost, because they have become a part of who you are. I am an avid member of Happiness Inc. as well as Concert Choir and Chamber Choir. I love singing and music in general. My favorite pieces of music are the ones without words, that you listen to and even though there aren't any words you can feel every thought, every tear, every smile or memory that was put into the piece and when it is done, the musician leaves you breathless, with that moment of sheer silence where you are still trying to fathom what just happened, and then you want to applaud. I live for that moment of silence before the applause.
          I love all kinds of books, my current obsession has been autobiographies. My summer reads include; all of Tori Spelling's books (don't judge, I am a not-so-closet fan of Tori's), How You Wear Your Hat, The Pact, Heaven is For Real, and many others. I love to read and I am not embarrassed at all to admit that. I love a challenge and although sometimes I may not like to admit it, I would much rather be challenged, than not have enough work on my plate.
          As far as my future is concerned, I would like to be a Pediatric Oncologist. I love kids and I feel like if families who are in a situation where there child has cancer, have a doctor who can make the situation just a smidgelet better, then it is completely worth it. Making someone's life the tiniest bit better is worth the world to me. I would also like to minor in something arts related so that I can always be involved in that aspect of my life. As far as where I plan to do all of this? I couldn't even tell you. I would absolutely love nothing more than to go to Columbia University in New York City, I am pretty sure that won't be happening. My mom doesn't want me that far away, even though it is where I would love to be. Everyone should have their big city fix, don't you agree? Mine would preferably be in New York City. I love everything about that wonderful city. I don't know how to explain it. Have you ever had that feeling when you go somewhere and you don't feel as far away from home as you actually are, or it feels like you are home? Whenever you talk about this place, you have butterflies doing the polka dance in your stomach and you have to use all of your might to hold back your tears of excitement that may come pouring down your face at any given second if you let your guard down? No? Well this is basically what happens every time I think or talk about going to college in New York. One can dream.
          I feel like I have just told you so much and I don't know any of you readers, if any, at all. It is strange how much you can tell someone through a blog and feel totally comfortable about it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment